Friday, July 27, 2012

Leaving soon

Well, tomorrow I drive down to Vancouver with my room mate Eric. On Saturday morning, I will be teaching him how to surf, something I had promised all year. When finished, Eric will drive me to Astoria, my starting point and I will begin the journey, likely biking down to Seaside, OR. Before leaving however, I packed and repacked all my gear to make sure it fits and to make sure everything I am taking is essential. Here it all is: Gear: Surfing Gear- Board, straps x2, wetsuit, sweet colored wax, wax comb, leash, rash guard, towel Camping- Tent, sleeping bag, sleep pad (yoga mat) Jet boil stove, pots and pan, silverware, spices, cleaning materials, extra fuel, matches/lighter, thermals Clothing- Waterproof pants, wind breaker, thermal pants, board shorts, 2 longsleeve thermals, 2 tshirts, 2 boxers, 1 pair jeans, extra bike short, longsleeve bike jersey, extra bike jersey, 2 extra pairs of socks, microfiber towel. Initial food- Clif bars, Power bars, beef jerky, energy jelly beans, Cereal bars, Oatmeal, assorted nuts, Nuun electrolyte drink mix, and gum Extra- First Aid Kit, Bike repair stuff, tools, tire pump, CO2 cartridges, extra tubes, Ulock, cables and locks, wallet necklace, toiletries, addresses, and map

No comments:

Post a Comment